The next few months are a wonderful time of year. From watching the first snowfall of the winter to celebrating favorite festive holidays with loved ones, November and December are truly a joy to experience. However, the dropping temperature also means people are going to be spending a lot more time indoors together, and that’s when cold and flu season kicks into high gear.
Nobody enjoys getting sick. The aches and pains, the coughing and runny noses—all of it makes for a truly miserable time. Fortunately, what goes around doesn’t have to come around. Here are six effective ways minimize your risk of getting sick this winter.
- Activate-C Immune Complex™. Give your body’s immune system the support it needs with the power of Activate-C Immune Complex. Your body is exposed to millions of pathogens every day, and your immune system is constantly being stressed—especially in the winter. Cold and flu season is when your body can use a natural immunity boost the most.
- Flu vaccination. Getting a flu shot is one of the best ways to protect yourself from coming down something this winter. Nowadays, vaccinations are abundant, affordable, and convenient. And if being poked by needles isn’t your thing, you can opt for an inhalable version of the vaccine. And no, you can’t catch the flu from a flu shot. That’s a myth.
- Proper nutrition. The American Dietetic Association recommends a healthy diet to boost your body’s defenses and prevent contracting the flu. It’s pretty simple, really: The healthier you are, the stronger your immune system will be. Focus on a diet that provides you with a wide array of antioxidants and nutrients. That means plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean protein, whole grains, and healthy fats like omega-3s. Stay hydrated as well.
- Hand washing. The tiny viruses that cause colds and flus can live on surfaces for hours. Those surfaces include door handles, counters, telephones, other people’s hands, etc.—things you touch all the time. And while you may not realize it, you are constantly touching your nose and mouth. It’s no secret: Want to stay healthy? Wash your hands!
- Sleep and exercise. If you take good care of your body, your body will take good care of you. According to the National Sleep Foundation, “Sleep deprivation has an adverse effect on immune function, and chronic sleep loss can increase an individual’s vulnerability to infectious diseases.” Research also shows that moderate exercise can boost your immune system. But don’t overdo it: Too much exercise can leave you fatigued and vulnerable to infection.
With a combination of scientifically formulated nutrients designed to help your body’s defenses, Activate-C Immune Complex helps refresh, support, and rejuvenate your immune system.* It comes in two equally effective forms: as a convenient capsule, or as a refreshing Orange Blast drink mix. Both forms contain the power of zinc, vitamin C, and other natural ingredients, making Activate-C Immune Complex a great way to supercharge your immune system.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.